Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Ash Wednesday!

So Lent has officially begun.

I took all the kids and attended our school mass this morning. Afterwards, since Darian was on a half day school schedule, we went to Wal-Mart to walk around until it was time to go back for Darian. When we first walked in, I couldn't figure out why so many people were staring at us with weird looks on their faces. Then, I heard someone comment that they needed to remember to "go get ashes" today. Oh yeah! Here I was walking around with three small children, all of us with soot on our foreheads! As we continued to walk around the store, I had so many people smile at us, say hello, ask if I knew what time the next mass was, and I even had two people ask me to pray for them during Lent. Wow!

I never knew I could be such a great witness just walking around Wal-Mart!

No comments: