Wednesday, March 4, 2009

RE Congress weekend

Jason and I spent last weekend at the Los Angeles archdiocesan Religious Education Congress. We were very fortunate and heard some great speakers, nothing too "out there". Some of our friends were not so lucky, so we are feeling especially blessed. One of our friends had a speaker that told the group that they shouldn't teach about mortal sin anymore because it might hurt people's feelings. Do you think their feelings will be intact while they burn in hell??!!

Seriously though, we had some fabulous talks. A theme that I got from all was a reminder to be strong in our faith and don't be afraid or ashamed to preach the truth! Definitely a message we can all use. One of my favorites was Fr. Tony Ricard. If you have never had a chance to hear him, you should. He is highly entertaining with a great message. We purchased a CD of his talk so if anyone wants to borrow it, just let me know.

God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I sure would have been upset if I was in the room when that was said. I hope someone spoke up.

I'd love to borrow the CD. I haven't heard of him before. I also have the DVD, "Common Ground" that might be of interest to the RCIA group, if you guys want to take a look at it.