Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't you know?

This last Sunday, I was serving as an EM at mass. I love this ministry. I love being able to bring Jesus to his people in such a tangible way. I am very blessed to serve this ministry at a parish that has so many devout people. That being said, there are always people you know just don't get it.

So, I was serving the Body and these two teenage girls came up. I do my part, holding up the host and saying "Body of Christ." Both of these girls (sisters? friends?) obviously just didn't care. The second one even responded with an exasperated, "Yeah, amen." Part of me just wanted to shake them and say, "Don't you know who this is? Don't you know all He did for you?" As they walked away, I found myself struggling to focus on what I was doing. I thought, "Why? Lord, you came and did this for us, knowing that so many people would respond just as these girls. Why?"

The next woman came forward. She was an elderly woman, leaning heavily on her cane, her knitted cap pulled down tightly to keep her warm. As I held up the host and said "Body of Christ" she gazed up with tears in her eyes and said "I love you Jesus, Amen."

I love when I get prompt answers!!

God Bless.

No comments: