Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goodbye, Grandma

Last evening, after a long illness, my grandmother passed away. We will miss her, but I am comforted knowing that she doesn't hurt anymore.

Darian, as usual, helped to put it all in perspective.

After I told him, he was sad and let me hold him while he cried. This morning, just before leaving for school, he said "Mom, I'm kind of glad that Grandma Monica died."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Now that she is a saint in heaven, I know she will be with me at my First Communion. She wanted to go, but when she was alive she was too sick. Now, she isn't sick anymore."

Rest in Peace, Grandma.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

How profound of Darian to recognize stuff that adults don't get! Way to go Darian. I just love that little guy. Many blessings to your beloved Grandma and your family. I pray that you may be in peace with her passing and assured of her eternal salvation.