Monday, March 9, 2009

How do you say no to nun?

I, apparently, don't.

Over the past few years our family has grown very close to "our" sisters at Mt. Carmel. So, when Sr. Gabriela called this afternoon and said, "We need to ask for some charity" I thought, okay, I can afford to help with something.

Then came the kicker.

"We are hosting a retreat for a group of young people who are traveling from out of state and we are in need of homes to house the teenagers."

Teenagers!! Seriously??!!

She quickly explained that it would only be for one night next week.

I, very hesitantly, said that I would need to talk to Jason.

"Oh, God bless you!," she said, "We are having such a hard time finding people willing to be hospitable to the youth, and I told Sr. Benedicta that we could count on your family!"

At that point, how could I say no? So, next week, we will have two retreatants staying the night...pray for us! And pray for me...I haven't told Jason yet!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I don't think I would have been able to say no either. I will pray that you enjoy the teens staying with you. I am sure your family will be most hospitable! :-)

May God Bless Darian as he makes his First Reconciliation this coming week (I can't believe it is already here!) as he eagerly awaits receiving Jesus fully in the Eucharist during the Easter Season to come!