Thursday, March 18, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

As I anxiously await the results of Jason's CT scan, I am attempting to keep busy. My project today - my front yard.

Our front yard has been a pathetic mess for quite awhile now. Twice now, we have attempted to grow grass and failed. Today began attempt number three. Starting at 8 am I was in the yard, raking up dead leaves, dead grass and growing weeds. Since our front yard is about 1000 square feet this was no small job, especially with my RA problems earlier in the week. But, after many many hours of raking and turning the soil, I was able to put seed down. Jason had bought this "all in one" grass seed that included seed, mulch, and fertilizer, and I ended up covered in green dust - pretty gross!


But, in the end, I am quite satisfied with not only a job done but a sufficient distraction. Hopefully, we can keep the grass alive this time!

No comments: