Monday, April 27, 2009

Just another Monday

The good thing about a terrible start to the day is that it can only get better...right?

My day started with my arthritis keeping me in bed later than normal and Sophia missing school. There was no way that my aches were going to allow me to get up, get dressed, get everyone fed, dressed and out the door before she was supposed to be there at 9. So, a play day at home for Sophia. Not too bad. Yet.

Then, I get a phone call from an investigator who is looking to verify my address because they are submitting my file to the LA county sheriff for process serving. WHAT!!?? She goes on to tell me that I am being named in a lawsuit regarding a credit account with MBNA bank that I had 10 years ago. I am being sued for breach of contract with malicious intent. They are claiming that I have not paid my balance of $227 after repeated attempts to contact me.

At this point, I am totally freaking out! Yes, I used to have an MBNA account, and yes, the last I remember there was a balance of that amount. But, I also remembered that account was one of the debts that we had to pay off when we purchased our house. So, this woman says that I can either pay them to $227 now, and attempt to contest it later, or I contest it in court after I have been served papers. So, I paid it. I probably shouldn't have, and I have a feeling I got totally screwed, but honestly, the whole thing scared the crap out of me.

If that's not enough, while I am on the phone trying to settle this, Vibiana picks up the phone in the other room and starts pushing numbers and blowing raspberries. When I have everything taken care of and I hang up the phone, I look into the living room to see that Sebastian has been playing with baby powder and not only is Vibiana covered (she looked like a ghost) but it is all over the carpet. Yes, it smelled nice, but not quite nice enough to cover the smell of the major accident Sebastian had in his underwear.

If my day doesn't start to improve soon I may just go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.

BTW- I looked up my escrow papers and yes, the debt to MBNA was paid. Now, I have to wait for AV Escrow to find a copy of the canceled check. Then, I guess I have to decide if I am going to pursue this. Blah!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

oh my! I would have gone to bed after a few glasses of wine! I have had several of these days (that is why I like to hide upstairs and play on the computer sometimes!) and I don't have rheumatoid arthritis. Hang in there!!! Hopefully today is a better day! :-)