Friday, July 9, 2010

No, this blog has not been abandoned

I was a little embarrassed to hop on here today and realize it has been weeks since I last posted. Oops! So no, the blog is not abandoned, the author's time is simply being devoured by the summertime antics of four kids.

Don't misunderstand. We aren't busy with fun, exciting things. We have made a few trips to the orthodontist (with more to come), a few trips to the pediatrician (conjunctivitis), playing in the sprinklers nearly every afternoon (the kids, not me), lots of T.V. watching, video game playing and tons of reading (at least for me and Darian). Of course there is also the near constant arguing, whining, tattle-telling, and crying. Typical summertime! I will have some relief this month since the 3 oldest will be attending summer camp with the Carmelite sisters. Thank God!!! I am certainly ready for a break. As soon as my mind is able to function a little better I will resume more frequent postings. In the meantime, don't forget to check both of Jason's blogs. That's right. My overachieving husband has two blogs, here and here. He is maintaining two blogs, working on his Master's degree and working a gazillion hours a week. I stay at home with the kids, read crap novels and can't even maintain my one blog. I post on Facebook fairly often though - does that count?

1 comment:

Bianca said...

of course it counts! And staying home with the kiddos is no small task. I think that it is at least worth working on a Master's, holding a full-time job, and juggling with one hand tied behind your back!

It's good to hear that it's not just my kids whining, fighting, and playing too many video games a day. Thank you for being REAL! :-)