Tuesday, February 9, 2010


The bathroom is not yet finished. How is it that one (fairly) simple project could turn into so much work?

The bathroom is painted. I also pulled up all of the old floor. However, when I got the old floor up, I discovered a lot more moisture under there than I had anticipated. Once I got the floor up and cleaned, I left it for a few hours to dry out. When I returned, there was a puddle of water around the base of the toilet. Yikes! Well, thinking I knew my limits, I left the toilet leakage for Jason to fix. I proceeded to at least put up the towel rods, toilet paper holder, etc. Turns out, having arthritic hands is not conducive to either using a drill or trying to screw in screws. Who knew?

Well, Jason got home safely and spent Saturday removing/repairing the toilet. Not a fun job, but replacing the wax ring seemed to fix that problem. Then, before I could start laying the new floor, I discovered yet another toilet leak. This time, water is leaking from the hose that leads from the pipe in the wall to the tank. Jason claims this is an easy fix, but he has yet to find the time to get in there and fix it.

As if all that wasn't enough, Darian took a shower last night and now the bathtub faucet is leaking really bad - the faucet was not on my refurbishing list! The leak is bad enough that a two quart pitcher is being filled every few hours. Again, Jason says that he can fix it but I am not sure when he is going to have time. He tends to not get home until later in the evenings and this Saturday we have Diaconate Formation.

Maybe I just need to call a plumber.

No comments: