Friday, November 6, 2009

Prayer Requests

Yesterday was a big day for prayer requests, so I have decided to pass them on in the hopes of generating more prayers for some lovely people.

In the morning, upon visiting with a friend, I learned that her sister-in-law was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer. A hysterectomy was performed, but they discovered that the cancer had already spread to her liver. My friend's children are having a difficult time dealing with the illness of a much beloved aunt.

After this visit, we went (with my two youngest) to visit at one of the local convalescent homes. We visit twice a month and say a rosary and just pray and talk. At our last visit, one of our "regulars" thanked me for bringing my young children. She said sometimes people bring older children, but they never get to see little ones. Just their presence brought her joy. Many of the residents are scared and lonely. Please pray for their comfort and peace of mind.

Lastly, and very close to my heart, I have a very good friend who discovered a lump in her breast. Though the lump was discovered a while back, her doctor originally brushed it off because she was breastfeeding and told her it was probably a lactation issue. She weaned the baby and continued to have problems. She went in for an ultrasound and was told that the mass was architecturally abnormal with uneven edges (I think that's right). This is a dedicated mother to her many children, ages ranging from 11 to 11 months. Please, fervent prayers for this incredible woman.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

oh my!! Prayer warriors to the rescue!! I am sure you have involved quite a lot of people in these prayers. Thank you so much for visiting those in the convalscent hospitals. What a gift you bring to them just by being there and being you!

I will definitely say some prayers for your dear friend who has children between the ages of 11 and 11 months. I do hope it isn't the incredible lady I am thinking of. But if it is, then I will pray especially harder that God's spirit work with her body, and mind, and bring peace to her family during this stressful and uncertain time.

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

Thanks so much, Briana. The more prayers the better. I know this is why I am so peaceful in the midst of all this.